funsec mailing list archives

Re: Canadian revolution

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:59:55 +0100 (BST)

Chill dude - one thing that most people completely miss is that the
REASON for religion is the belief that life can be better (somehow.)

I agree, life can be better. Santa Claus can bring us presents, the Easter
Bunny can brnig us chocolate and the Tooth Fairy can bring us sixpences.
But I don't htink that's a good reason for blind faith in any of those
three, or in any other imaginary friends, once you're past childhood.

This is the basis for ANY religion, yet is almost never brought up by
either religious nay-sayers or religious people themselves for some
strange reason.

Here's the reason - religion usually make life worse. Look around at the
world today.