funsec mailing list archives

Re: Canadian revolution

From: der Mouse <mouse () rodents montreal qc ca>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 20:36:27 -0400 (EDT)

Chill dude - one thing that most people completely miss is that the
REASON for religion is the belief that life can be better (somehow.)
Actually, religion exists so that we can make sense of the universe -

And a friend of mine - who ought to know, as she was (presumably still
is) close to finishing a theology degree - told me that religion exists
to assuage our fear of death.

I'm not convinced she's right, despite her credentials.  All I see is a
notable lack of consensus on the question of why religion exists.  I
now have four different answers - two quoted above, my friend's, and my
own - and they all disagree fairly fundamentally.

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML               mouse () rodents montreal qc ca