funsec mailing list archives

Re: Student arrested over Counter Strike map

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 17:40:16 -0500

On 5/5/07, Richard M. Smith <rms () computerbytesman com> wrote:
Brian,

>>> Gun manufacturers do not sell their guns to bad guys.

Somebody does.  Attached is a 2005 email that I sent to executives at Rugers
about one of their products being "used" in my neighborhood.  I never got a
reply.  My assumption by the lack of reply is that these executives weren't
too interested in learning who their "customers" really are.........

Richard

What would be the point? I don't know of any manufacturer who can
legally sell to the public. Further, how do you know that Ruger wasn't
stollen? I didn't read the article but if you say the purchase was
legal, I will, in amazement or with the knowledge that the guy
probably wasn't any more suspect than you or I and if denied a firearm
he would resort to some other means...like stealing one.