funsec mailing list archives

RE: Student arrested over Counter Strike map

From: "Richard M. Smith" <rms () computerbytesman com>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 19:13:06 -0400

Yes, it is a pretty sad commentary that a 16-year kid has access to guns.

That's why I was asking the gun company in 2005 if they could trace the
serial number to see where the gun was originally purchased to try to
understand if the legit gun distribution system was supplying guns to kids.
Maybe they have a dirty dealer on their hands.  Do you know if gun makers
ever do this kind of research?

BTW, in spite of this story, Massachusetts actually has one of the lowest
gun murder rates in the country.  I suspect this is true because because we
also have one of the lowest gun ownership rates in the country.

Richard