funsec mailing list archives

Re: Tweet This: I Don't Care

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 11:46:12 -0400

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 04:20:28 CDT, Gadi Evron said:

What it was however, was whatever I made of it.

1. People who updated whenever they were off to the bathroom, or eating,
we boring. I didn't follow them. If a person twitted too much, she was
out of my stream.

2. People who spoke with each other were fun. They'd make quick
informative statements, or jokes. And their friends, and their friends,
would respond. Email-like, if you like. Only readable like a web forum
more than like a mailing list.

In other words, It's easy to fit a throw-away comment like "your loss" into
140 characters, but to actually *say* anything takes considerably more.

The only way they could have made it *more* of a pain in the ass to actually
*say* anything (as opposed to mindless babble) would be if they required haiku..