funsec mailing list archives

Re: Tweet This: I Don't Care

From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 09:51:47 -0400

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 03:12:45PM -0800, Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah wrote:
Exactly.  And it isn't new.  It's been around since mailing lists and Usenet.

Both of which are vastly superior to the alternatives, of course.

But they don't make money for social networking sites, who have the profit
motive to Balkanize communication.  And they actually require attention,
with some care in communication style and adherence to sensible social norms.

(And incidentally: a growing number of social networking sites are turning
out to be prolific spammers.  One in particular seems to me to be nothing
more than a front.  Hardly surprising.)

---Rsk

Please do not CC me on messages to the list.