funsec mailing list archives

Re: When are we going to start profiling? WAS RE: Don't spend too much time in the bathroom...PLEASE

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 14:04:36 -0500

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 09:52:44 PST, "Tomas L. Byrnes" said:

While not all Muslim males aged 18-35 are suicidal terrorists, virtually
ALL suicidal terrorists and airplane hijackers in the last 40 years have
been Muslim males aged 18-35. Therefore, being a lot more stringent in
screening Muslim males aged 18-35 is more likely to catch a would be
terrorist than randomly selecting those to be more deeply screened.

Actually, it's not more likely.  It isn't like the terrorists are *idiots*.
You *do* realize that the increased scrutiny of every dark-skinned male
in the streets of Baghdad has caused an increase in the number of *female*
suicide bombers, right?

Male
Muslim
Devout
Western Educated, especially in Engineering

If that offends them, then maybe they (and realistically, it is only the
Islamic world that can end the scourge of Islamic terrorism) will do
something about the funding of radicalizing Madrassas and firebrand
clerics that are at the root of the whole problem.

Good.  So tell me - if we started profiling *your* ethnic group because
of the increased problems with homegrown right-wing extremists here in the
US (Ruby Ridge, McVeigh, the whole skinhead movement, murder of abortion
doctors in churches, etc etc) - what *realistic* steps could *you* take
to deal with the problem people?

Oh, you're in Conneticut and the problem is assholes in Wyoming?  Oh, too bad.

And yes, I *am* more worried that some stupid with a bunch of firearms who
listens to too much Glenn Beck and Teabagger propaganda will do something than
I am worried about Muslim terrorists.

http://www.nhdflibrary.org/library/documents/Homeland%20Defense%20Library/Hot%20off%20the%20Presses/extremismreport.pdf
http://static.crooksandliars.com/files/uploads/2008/12/whitesupremacistrecruitmentofmilitarypersonnel2_a0a33.pdf

So you ready to be profiled?