funsec mailing list archives

Re: When are we going to start profiling? WAS RE: Don't spend too much time in the bathroom...PLEASE

From: "Tomas L. Byrnes" <tomb () byrneit net>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 11:45:44 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan White [mailto:dwhite () olp net]
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 10:24 AM
To: Tomas L. Byrnes
Cc: RandallM; funsec () linuxbox org
Subject: Re: When are we going to start profiling? WAS RE: Don't spend
toomuch time in the bathroom...PLEASE

On 29/12/09 09:52 -0800, Tomas L. Byrnes wrote:
While not all Muslim males aged 18-35 are suicidal terrorists,
virtually
ALL suicidal terrorists and airplane hijackers in the last 40 years
have
been Muslim males aged 18-35.

Try explaining that to the fine folks over in OKC, or the ones in
Berekeley, or the ones in Birmingham.

An attempt to define terrorism as something that occurs on airplanes
and is
acted out by Muslim extremists looking to kill themselves is a
convincing
argument for the 24/7/10 day news cycle we exist in today, but is a
rather
narrow scope for a nation attempting to protect its citizens.

Question: Do you now expect the next terrorist attack in the US to come
via
a plane?

--
Dan White

[Tomas L. Byrnes]
We were discussing airplane security. The Israelis profile, and it works. It's high time for us to start doing the
same.

If you want to talk about the larger security issues, then no, I am not mostly concerned with the Airplane as weapon.
That was a one trick pony. What would keep me awake at night, if it were my job to do such things, would be a nuke in a
container.